The condition of your child’s mouth has a big impact on healthy development – oral, physical, and emotional. As a conscientious parent, you naturally want to give your little one the benefits of a healthy, appealing smile. The dentists and hygiene team at Scott and Derry Dental Care in Milton, ON can help, with experienced care and compassionate attention to children’s needs.
When to start
The good news is that it is essentially never too early or too late to get your child into a dental care routine. Dr. Jameela Jifri generally recommend the “rule of firsts” – schedule your child’s first dental visit by his or her first birthday or when the first tooth emerges. At this age, the child’s mind is absorbing all sorts of new experiences, so it is an ideal opportunity to get familiar with the people, sights, sounds, and smells of the dental office.
Earlier visits are fine, too, if a check of your baby’s oral development puts your mind at ease. There is no need for concern, though, if your child is older and has not yet seen a dentist or not been in the chair for a while. We get the child’s records caught up and oral health on track, without delays or lectures.
Patient educational video about children's dentistryVideo Transcript
Extra helps for oral health
Our goal is to help your child avoid the discomfort of dental problems, and spare you the worry, inconvenience, and expense. Here are some of the ways we accomplish that objective:
- Guidance – The dentist talks with you about tooth-healthy nutrition, baby bottle tooth decay, pacifiers, and other topics of concern to parents.
- Home care – You can count on good advice about caring for baby’s mouth, and a fun, hands-on demonstration to help bigger kids learn to master brushing and flossing on their own.
- Checkups – Twice a year or more frequently if the doctor recommends, based on your child’s oral condition. These visits help us detect potential problems early, when they may be treated efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.
- Fluoride – A pleasant-tasting topical formulation is painted onto teeth or applied with oral trays. It helps to remineralize enamel, naturally “healing” tiny cavities, and fighting acid attacks that lead to tooth decay.
- Sealants – Another quick, painless option that dramatically reduces risk of decay in molars. Chewing surfaces are prepared and coated with a transparent liquid. It seals pits and grooves where cavity-causing bacteria hide.
All people are soo kind and helpful. Our doctor is very good. I have 3 kids she made their mouths so kindly and very good. She helped us every step. Thank you.
Scott and Derry Dental Care - Dr. Jameela Jifri
If you are looking for a dentist facility where your entire family can get treated with the same professional care, Scott and Derry dental care is the one for you. We provide a comfortable environment for patients of all ages and backgrounds to get treated for dental related issues. With up to date technology and the latest equipment, we assure the best quality services from our skilled team of dentists led by Dr.Jameela Jifri. Our services range from preventive, general, hygiene, restorative dental treatments and cosmetic enhancements to dental surgeries. As we value your convenience we offer flexible appointment schedules with weekends and late-night appointment time and easy locations with free parking facilities. Dental facilities are designed with free Wi-Fi, a clean environment and a classy ambience to help patients relax and feel comfortable at all times. All treatments are catered to each patient's unique conditions and needs including their lifestyle and budget. Our staff consists of professional individuals who are passionate about helping people lead a healthier happy life and they are ready to guide you throughout the process with any help needed.