Services provided by Milton area dental practice for kids’ oral health and care
A healthy smile is a smile that will last a lifetime. By having children visit the dentist at an early age, parents can significantly increase the chances of their child having better oral health and wellness. Kids can be educated on how to care for their smiles by a dental professional in the Milton, ON area such as Dr. Jameela Jifri and her associates at Scott and Derry Dental Care.
When should my child visit the dentist?
Kids should be taken to the dentist when their first tooth erupts through the gums. It typically occurs by the child’s first birthday. Once the child has started seeing their pediatric dentist, they are encouraged to visit every six months just as their parents do to be evaluated regularly. Cleanings and examinations twice a year can help in reducing the risk of developing cavities or disease and ensures a healthy smile.
What services are offered at a dental practice that accepts children?
Scott and Derry Dental Care offer a wide range of specialized treatments for children, including:
- Dental cleanings – every visit includes a thorough cleaning of the teeth and gums to remove plaque, tartar, and calculus.
- Evaluations – our dental staff examines the smile to look for signs of problems and discuss possible solutions with the patient and their parents.
- Education – our providers educate patients on how to care for their smiles, including learning how to brush and floss properly.
- Fluoride/sealants – sometimes children need some extra help in maintaining a healthy smile, which is when our team may provide protective measures including fluoride and sealant applications.
- Fillings – when cavities occur, it is smart to have them diagnosed and filled as soon as possible to keep them from becoming more problematic.
Call the cosmetic dentist trusted throughout the Milton, ON area - Scott and Derry Dental Care at
online. Every restorative treatment and cosmetic strategy is an individualized experience here.
Is your child ready to visit the dentist?
Work with a team of professionals in Milton, ON, who offer pediatric dental care for children. Dr. Jameela Jifri and her associates invite parents to book an appointment at Scott and Derry Dental Care to have their child evaluated and start taking charge of their oral health and wellness at an early age. Call (855) 438-4999 to request an appointment. The office is located conveniently at 6521 Derry Road, Unit #7, in Milton, Ontario.Back to Childrens Dentist Page