Milton Healthy Smiles
Regular dental care can be expensive for families. Ontario offers free programs for both regular and emergency dental care. Some of the programs include:
- Healthy Smiles Ontario
- Children In Need Of Treatment
- School dental screenings
If you or your children do not have dental coverage, you may qualify for care through one of these programs.
Healthy Smiles Ontario
Healthy Smiles Ontario is a program for kids who do not have access to any form of dental coverage. If they qualify, your children will get regular dental services at no cost to you.
Who can join the program
If you think a child may qualify for Healthy Smiles Ontario, please contact your local public health unit. Your local public health unit will help you understand eligibility, the application process, and answer any questions.
Children may join this program if they:
- are age 17 and under
- are residents of Ontario
- do not have access to any other dental coverage
- come from a household with eligible income as set by the program
Please note: the information presented on Healthy Smiles Ontario eligibility may change without notice and may be updated at any time. You should regularly review this information on Healthy Smiles Ontario eligibility for any updates. Please contact your local public health unit for more information.
What the program covers
The program covers a full range of preventive and early treatment, including:
How to enroll
- Download a program enrollment form.
- Gather the documents you will need to apply
- your child’s valid Ontario Health Card
- your Annual Goods and Services Tax (GST) Credit Entitlement Notice or Annual Canada Child Tax Benefit and Ontario Child Benefit Notice (most recent tax year)
- your Government-issued identification, such as a
- valid Ontario Health Card
- certificate of Canadian Citizenship
- Permanent Resident Card
- Canadian Immigration Identification Card
- valid Ontario Driver’s License
If you do not have these documents, contact your local public health unit.
- Contact your local public health unit. They will help you enroll your child(ren).
Once enrolled, your local public health unit will give you a client card to bring to appointments.
At Scott And Derry Dental Care, your Milton Dental Office, we accept Healthy Smiles coverage.