We are committed to providing the best possible care to every patient at our Milton, ON practice. Therefore, we have equipped our office with leading edge technology. Digital x-rays and intraoral cameras are invaluable tools for accurate diagnostics and precision treatment planning.
About digital x-rays
X-rays are essential for assessing bone and tooth health. They allow your dentist to detect early decay and periodontal infection, as well as evaluate bone structure and density. X-rays are also used to determine the ideal placement for dental implants. In some cases, these images assist in preventive care, as they can reveal potential oral health problems.
Traditionally, these images are taken with x-ray film. You are probably familiar with the process, in which you must hold the film between your teeth while the image is taken. It is uncomfortable and involves radiation exposure.
Digital radiography, better known as digital dental x-rays, is the next generation in imaging technology. Instead of x-ray film, this system uses electronic sensors, which record an enhanced computer image. The benefits of digital x-rays include:
- Faster – Since there is no need to develop film, digital radiographs are more efficient and can result in shorter appointment times.
- Enhanced imagery – Surely you have seen standard x-rays, which show very little detail. When these images are captured digitally, they can be enlarged, enhanced, overlaid with older images, used in simulation for treatment planning, and more.
- Reduced radiation – Digital technology can reduce patient exposure by as much as 90 percent.
- Environmentally friendly – No film and no development mean no waste.
About intraoral cameras
One of the most important aspects of a dental exam is the visual inspection of teeth and gums. This process has been made more effective and efficient with the use of intraoral cameras. No longer are we limited to what your dentist can see by looking in your mouth. These tiny cameras can easily and comfortably capture complete high-quality images of soft tissue surfaces, and of every tooth.
The benefits of intraoral cameras include:
- Comprehensive viewing – Teeth can be viewed from various angles, literally providing a more complete picture of your oral health.
- HD images – Human eyes are limited in the level of detail they detect. However, high quality, high definition images can be enlarged considerably while maintaining crystal clear detail. That means your dentist can expand “that tiny spot” and see exactly what it is.
- Patient education – Are you unsure exactly what a “small cavity” or “gum recession” means? Now you can see what your dentist is seeing.
All people are soo kind and helpful. Our doctor is very good. I have 3 kids she made their mouths so kindly and very good. She helped us every step. Thank you.
Scott and Derry Dental Care - Dr. Jameela Jifri
If you are looking for a dentist facility where your entire family can get treated with the same professional care, Scott and Derry dental care is the one for you. We provide a comfortable environment for patients of all ages and backgrounds to get treated for dental related issues. With up to date technology and the latest equipment, we assure the best quality services from our skilled team of dentists led by Dr.Jameela Jifri. Our services range from preventive, general, hygiene, restorative dental treatments and cosmetic enhancements to dental surgeries. As we value your convenience we offer flexible appointment schedules with weekends and late-night appointment time and easy locations with free parking facilities. Dental facilities are designed with free Wi-Fi, a clean environment and a classy ambience to help patients relax and feel comfortable at all times. All treatments are catered to each patient's unique conditions and needs including their lifestyle and budget. Our staff consists of professional individuals who are passionate about helping people lead a healthier happy life and they are ready to guide you throughout the process with any help needed.