The Benefits of Root Canal Treatment in Milton ON
The root canal procedure has long been known as the most painful dental work one typically gets at a dentist, aside from a wisdom tooth removal. In fact, wisdom teeth usually involve actual dental surgery, whereas the root canal procedure can still be performed in a regular dental office. However, the name and myth often get people nervous about root canals, which is not necessary. At Scott and Derry Dental Care, Milton, ON, root canal treatment options are easy to take advantage of.
What’s Actually Involved
Teeth are generally very resistant to their environment, bacteria, and food. However, over time these can wear down the enamel, and cavities can occur. When this happens, the cavity can get into the nerve canal. That, in turn, can produce an infection that can work its way down the nerve root. This kind of problem cannot be solved by simply drilling out the cavity and applying a filling. A root canal procedure cleans out the deep infection and the damage, improving the remaining tooth’s health and removing the cause of the infection and painful side effects.
The Root Canal Procedure
The typical root canal procedure follows several predictable steps that take out the unknown from the procedure. These include the following:
- Preparation involves examining and numbing the tooth to be worked on to have no pain during the treatment.
- A hole is drilled to provide the dentist access within the tooth.
- The targeted tooth’s internal canals are then cleaned out, removing both the infection and the damaged nerve and problem material.
- The tooth canals are then capped and sealed, and a crown is placed on the outer surface to block any further intrusion into the tooth. With this, the root canal is then finished. Sometimes this last part is a two-step process with a soft cap applied first and then a permanent cap applied in a second visit.
Call the cosmetic dentist trusted throughout the Milton, ON area - Scott and Derry Dental Care at
(855) 438-4999book your appointment
online. Every restorative treatment and cosmetic strategy is an individualized experience here.
Getting Help Locally
The Scott and Derry Dental Care team is well-experienced in managing and completing root canals when needed. We take care of our patients through the full process as well as the follow-up. If you are beginning to suffer from teeth temperature sensitivity that doesn’t go away, gum swelling around a particular tooth, and significant pain from one particular tooth, it may be that you need a root canal. Call our office at (855) 438-4999 to schedule an appointment. Our Team of Dentists can nail down what is needed for your dental care.
Share this Article
Back to Root Canals Page