How is composite dental resin used in dental offices?
Milton, Ontario, area patients with imperfections of the smile may be curious about their cosmetic dentistry options. Our Scott and Derry Dental Care team can evaluate your smile and discuss if solutions such as composite dental resin for filings or repair are right for you!
How is tooth-coloured composite resin material used in dentistry?
Dr. Jameela Jifri and her dental associates at Scott and Derry Dental Care use composite resin materials for various purposes. These include:
- Direct filling of cavities and chips. Composite resin can be used to directly fill smaller areas of decay or damage in teeth. This is a minimally invasive procedure that takes advantage of the aesthetic and functional properties of composite resin.
- Restoring the appearance of teeth. Our team uses composite resin to restore the natural appearance of teeth, particularly those damaged or discoloured due to decay or even trauma.
- Closing gaps between teeth. Composite resin can be applied to small gaps between teeth, improving their overall appearance and providing a more even smile.
- Reshaping teeth. In some specific dental cases, composite resin can be used to reshape teeth and enhance their overall appearance. This is often done for cosmetic purposes or to address issues with uneven or misshapen teeth.
- Protecting exposed tooth roots. Composite resin is also used to protect the sensitive root areas of teeth affected by receding gums.
- Repairing cracked or chipped teeth. By bonding to the remaining tooth structure, composite resin can help repair cracked or chipped teeth and restore their strength and function.
Call the cosmetic dentist trusted throughout the Milton, ON area - Scott and Derry Dental Care at
online. Every restorative treatment and cosmetic strategy is an individualized experience here.
Why choose composite resin dental materials?
Composite resin is also known for its durability and versatility in different dental procedures. It can be custom matched to your natural tooth colour, making it virtually indistinguishable from your other teeth and keeping it from looking as though you have had cosmetic dental work completed. It is also an affordable alternative to more expensive options such as porcelain veneers.
Schedule an appointment at Scott and Derry Dental Care to learn more!
Share this Article
Back to White Fillings Page