Discover the benefits of white fillings for teeth in Milton, ON
We all want bright, beautiful smiles with healthy teeth. Unfortunately, over time plaque and bacteria can eat away at the teeth causing damage. If cavities occur, fillings are placed to restore and strengthen the teeth. Do not ruin your bright smile with silver-colored fillings. Scott and Derry Dental Care offers white fillings for teeth to patients in Milton, ON. White dental fillings offer functional and aesthetic benefits for decayed teeth.
What are white dental fillings?
White fillings are also known as tooth-colored or composite fillings. They are a mixture of glass and plastic that are used to restore decayed or fractured teeth. The material is white so the filling blends in more naturally with the tooth. Because of the natural look, lack of metal, and safe use of materials, composite fillings are commonly used by cosmetic dentists to repair cavities.
Benefits of white fillings for teeth
Amalgam fillings have been used for years to fill cavities and restore decayed teeth. Unfortunately, these fillings contain metal and give the tooth a grayish color. White or tooth-colored fillings restore the teeth without detracting from the smile’s appearance. The benefits of composite fillings include:
- No metal – The danger of mercury found in amalgam or silver fillings is well known. Silver fillings are toxic and a danger to your overall health. The metal is also susceptible to warping in extreme temperatures, which could damage the structure of your tooth.
- Natural appearance – Aesthetically speaking, white dental fillings appear to be natural tooth enamel. Amalgam or silver-colored fillings are easy to spot. With tooth-colored composite fillings, the white material keeps the smile beautiful and unchanged.
- Longevity and durability – White dental fillings repair and restore the tooth’s strong surface by bonding to the tooth. Amalgam fillings can be affected by temperature changes. White fillings are less likely to break and help insulate the tooth against temperature changes. The composite material is durable, and the eating surface is not affected.
- Less damage to the tooth – Because white fillings for teeth bond easily, less of the natural tooth needs to be removed or resurfaced for the filling placement.
Call the cosmetic dentist trusted throughout the Milton, ON area - Scott and Derry Dental Care at
(855) 438-4999book your appointment
online. Every restorative treatment and cosmetic strategy is an individualized experience here.
For more information on white fillings for teeth in Milton, ON, contact Scott and Derry Dental Care. Call (855) 438-4999.
Share this Article
Back to White Fillings Page