TMJ treatment options for pain with Milton, ON dentist
TMJ, or the “temporomandibular joint,” is the jaw joint that hinges the upper and lower jawbones. It allows for the opening and closing of the mouth for laughing, speaking, and eating. However, some patients in the Milton, ON area may experience discomfort and pain in and around this joint. For many, they may be diagnosed by their physician or dentist with a condition called TMJ or TMD (temporomandibular joint disorder).” Many will take the time to connect with Dr. Jameela Jifri and her associates at Scott and Derry Dental Care to discuss treatment options.
What are the signs of TMJ/TMD?
Dr. Jameela Jifri may diagnose this condition with a simple examination and by talking to her patients about their symptoms. Some of the common signs include:
- Poor jaw development
- Trauma to the joint, muscle, or bone
- Surgical procedures performed in the jaw area
- Chronic inflammatory conditions such as arthritis
- Bruxism (clenching and grinding of the teeth)
- Damage to the teeth
- Misalignment of the natural bite
Call the cosmetic dentist trusted throughout the Milton, ON area - Scott and Derry Dental Care at
online. Every restorative treatment and cosmetic strategy is an individualized experience here.
What can be done about TMJ/TMD?
Treatment of TMJ/TMD needs to be explored once patients have received a proper diagnosis. The condition may be addressed in various ways, which you can discuss with the dentist during the diagnosis. Some options include:
- Wearing an oral appliance
- Using orthodontia to adjust the bite alignment
- Considering lifestyle changes such as softer foods
- Pain-relieving medications
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Physical therapy
- Relaxation techniques and stress management solutions
Learn more about TMJ treatment with Dr. Jameela Jifri and her associates
Call Scott and Derry Dental Care at (855) 438-4999 to request a consultation visit and discuss your needs for managing TMJ pain and discomfort. Milton, ON area patients will find the office at 6521 Derry Road, Unit #7 and can schedule an appointment whether they are a new or existing patient to the practice.
Share this Article
Back to TMJ TMD Treatment Page