Getting relief from TMJ pain at your dentist’s office
TMJ disorder can affect much more than the joints in your jaw. In addition to pain in the face, ears, and neck, TMJ disorder can lead to headaches, problems with eating, dizziness, and an overall deterioration of your quality of life. At Scott and Derry Dental Care in Milton, Ontario, the team at our dental office is equipped with both the tools and expertise to help provide relief from your TMJ symptoms.
TMJ care tailored to your needs
During your regular checkups at Scott and Derry Dental Care, our comprehensive evaluation not only includes checking for signs of gum disease and cavities but also issues such as TMJ disorder. This lets us determine if you are at risk of developing this condition due to jaw misalignment, bruxism (teeth grinding or clenching), or other oral health problems. If so, we will work with you to use appliance therapy or other treatment options as appropriate to help stop TMJ symptoms before they start.
Several treatment options are available if you have already developed TMJ symptoms, depending on the severity of your pain and the underlying cause. Our dental team will perform a thorough evaluation to identify the source of your pain and provide effective solutions. This may include one or more of the following treatment options:
- Minor lifestyle modifications, such as avoiding chewing gum and hard foods to give your joints time to rest and heal
- Stress reduction techniques to reduce tension, clenching, and grinding
- Oral appliance therapy to properly align the teeth and jaw
- Pain-relieving medications or anti-inflammatory therapies
- In some cases, TMJ disorder is caused by physical damage to the joints due to an injury or arthritis, and surgical options might be necessary to fully treat the condition.
Call the cosmetic dentist trusted throughout the Milton, ON area - Scott and Derry Dental Care at
online. Every restorative treatment and cosmetic strategy is an individualized experience here.
Our dental team will talk with you about the options that are best suited for your individual needs and preferences to help you determine the best path forward.
Stop suffering from TMJ pain
Back to TMJ TMD Treatment Page