How do I know if I am a good fit for Invisalign clear aligners?
Dr. Jameela Jifri and associates of Scott and Derry Dental Care have performed numerous Invisalign treatments over the years and have seen positive results in many patients. However, not everyone is a good candidate for this clear aligner treatment when seeking solutions to realign their smiles. Knowing whether or not a patient is a good fit is discussed during a consultation appointment at our office, conveniently located in Milton, Ontario.
What should I consider when thinking about undergoing Invisalign treatment?
One thing to remember is that Invisalign is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Each patient’s teeth are unique and require personalized treatment plans. So, how do you know if you are a good fit for Invisalign? Here are a few factors to consider:
- Degree of misalignment. Invisalign is best for those with mild to moderate cases of misaligned teeth. Traditional braces may be a better option if your teeth are severely crooked or have major bite issues.
- Commitment to compliance. Invisalign requires its patients to wear the clear aligners for at least 22 hours a day, only removing them for eating and brushing. If you are not committed to following this schedule, the treatment may not be as effective.
- Age. Invisalign is most commonly used for adults and older teens whose teeth have finished growing. Children’s teeth are still developing and may not respond well to the aligners.
- Oral health. Good oral health and wellness are critical for any dental treatment, including Invisalign. If you have conditions like periodontal disease or other dental issues, these must be addressed before starting the treatment.
- Budget. In some cases, Invisalign can be more expensive than traditional braces. It’s important to discuss the cost and payment options with your dentist during your consultation appointment.
Call the cosmetic dentist trusted throughout the Milton, ON area - Scott and Derry Dental Care at
online. Every restorative treatment and cosmetic strategy is an individualized experience here.
Learn more about this treatment with an Invisalign dentist “near me” in the Milton, Ontario, area.
Are you ready to realign your smile? Are you concerned about needing metal bracket-and-wire braces to achieve the results you desire? Are you interested in finding out if you are a good candidate for Invisalign? If you live in the area of Milton, ON, and are ready to learn more about Invisalign as a treatment for you, call (855) 438-4999 to schedule an appointment at 6521 Derry Road, Unit #7 with Dr. Jameela Jifri and her team.
Share this Article
Back to Orthodontic Treatment Page