6-plus ways professional dental hygiene services in Milton, ON keep your smile at its brilliant best
Restoring and maintaining a healthy mouth is a partnership between the patient and the professionals at Scott and Derry Dental Care. Professional dental hygiene services at our office in Milton, ON, prevent the need for extensive restorative treatments. And guidance from our dentists and hygienists also improves the techniques you use at home to keep your teeth, gums, and other oral structures healthy.
Routine services at our office
The “standard” is that you visit us at least once every six months. During these visits, Dr. Jifri and her team will examine your mouth. They may order diagnostics such as x-rays to evaluate potential problems further. Our dental hygienists also use specialized instruments and their considerable skill to remove what the toothbrush and floss can’t; bacteria and stubborn, hardened plaque in hidden or hard-to-reach areas. Regarding “guidance,” we also recommend oral care products and adjustments tailored to your needs. So, even if you think your home health is excellent, it is still essential to maintain recall appointments at our office:
- Consistent daily brushing and flossing aren’t sufficient. For oral health, how you brush and floss matters.
- Professional cleanings and check-ups pinpoint issues that might otherwise go unnoticed until they progress into big problems. Consider that early gum disease and tooth decay are often “silent,” which means your teeth and gums may look and feel fine yet have early signs of inflammation and enamel erosion or damage.
- Sophisticated digital imaging and intraoral cameras help to detect what our dental professionals can’t see with their eyes alone.
- Sticky bacterial plaque is constantly forming. This film can be removed with a toothbrush. But, if it’s allowed to harden into tartar or calculus, the brush won’t do much good. That is where our hygienists’ skills and tools come into play to keep your teeth, gums, and other oral tissues healthy and fresh.
- We may find that you are not flossing consistently or thoroughly. If we don’t floss adequately, it’s estimated that we miss one-third of each tooth’s surface area. Brushing alone is not adequate to keep bacteria and plaque under control.
- Floss at least once daily and with a gentle hand. Aggressive flossing (and brushing) can damage delicate tissues. Use a minimum of 18 inches of floss to decrease the odds of re-using a part of the strand, which relocates (rather than removes) bacteria and food debris.
Call the cosmetic dentist trusted throughout the Milton, ON area - Scott and Derry Dental Care at
online. Every restorative treatment and cosmetic strategy is an individualized experience here.
Recall appointments are also a great excuse to get minty-fresh breath and polish that makes your teeth look whiter and brighter! We may also combine your visit with other preventive services, such as dental sealants to protect decay-prone molars or fluoride treatments to build up your tooth’s natural “armour.” Call us today at (855) 438-4999 to schedule an appointment.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Hygiene Page