Cavity fillings and other restorative dental services in Milton, ON
Good oral hygiene goes a long way towards preventing tooth decay and oral health problems, but life is full of unexpected surprises! Cavities, infections, and traumatic injuries can happen to even the most diligent brushers and flossers. At Scott and Derry Dental Care in Milton, ON, we offer gentle treatments and restorative services to help return your smile back to health.
Tooth-coloured fillings for cavities
Cavities are one of the most common health problems worldwide. While insufficient oral hygiene can directly contribute to the formation of cavities, certain people are more susceptible to developing tooth decay. Such as those who are going through hormonal changes (for example, during pregnancy), are taking certain medications, or have a drier mouth than average. We treat cavities with modern dental composite, which offers multiple advantages over traditional metal amalgam:
- It is tooth-coloured, so it blends in seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
- We need to remove less of your natural tooth to place a composite filling, which can help prevent unnecessary wear and tear and issues such as fractures down the road.
- It is durable and can be used on all types of teeth, including molars.
- The material is biocompatible and does not react with your saliva or acidic foods and beverages, nor does it conduct hot or cold temperatures (which can lead to tooth sensitivity).
- The composite material forms a durable, close bond with the natural tooth structure, helping to seal it off and protect it from further decay.
Call the cosmetic dentist trusted throughout the Milton, ON area - Scott and Derry Dental Care at
online. Every restorative treatment and cosmetic strategy is an individualized experience here.
Other dental restorations
Depending on your specific oral health needs, a more extensive restoration such as an inlay, onlay, dental crown, or tooth replacement may be necessary to restore the function and appearance of your teeth. We use modern dental materials that are durable and offer superior function, and look and feel great.
The health of your smile is important to us! Call Scott and Derry Dental Care in Milton, ON, today at (855) 438-4999.
Share this Article
Back to White Fillings Page